Friday, January 30, 2009

My Hot Workout Partner(s)!

Her name is Maya. She's virtual. As is the guy and girl on the Wii Fit. I've cheated on them and through no fault of my own.

For awhile now I've known I needed to lose a few pounds. Not a lot but a few. Working full time with two kids and various other activities thrown in doesn't leave me with a lot of time to go to a gym, no matter how close it is. Sure, I could get up super early and hit the gym before anybody in my house even wakes up but the harsh reality of my life is that that just isn't going to happen. I am not a morning person!

So I've been wanting a Wii Fit for a while now and being the fugal (*cough*....cheap...) person that I am, I did not splurge to buy one for myself. Not to mention that finding one anywhere in December was virtually impossible unless you were stalking the stores. Since I don't have time to hit the gym, I certainly don't have time to be a WalMart stalker.

On December 30, a very good friend of mine, sweetheart that she is, loaned me her Wii Fit. I immediately put it to use and our family had a few good laughs over the "obesity" and Wii Fit ages it came up with! I was thoroughly enjoying the exercises and games it has for you to do.

Right after Christmas another friend and I were talking about My Fitness Coach, another game for the Wii. The price was right and after half a dozen phone calls later we managed to find 2 copies of said game! A lunchtime excursion and they are in our hot little hands!

Maya, your personal trainer jokes with you, encourages you and tries to find the beat to the various, never-exactly-the-same-twice workouts to help you meet your personal goals. Between her and my Wii Fit coaches, they'd become my "mistresses" if you will! I was loving the workouts and feeling really good about myself and I was even losing weight........until.....

...the top of my left foot started to hurt. So much so, that I was limping around pretty badly and could not work out for love nor money. I had to ditch Maya and boy did I feel bad about it. And its not exactly as if you can tell your virtual trainer that the reason you're cheating on her is because you're injured.

After discovering that it was a stress fracture I was sidled with and resting it for a while, I was able to get close to Maya again last night. She didn't throw me out, even welcomed me back with open arms! It was over in 15 mins and I felt great! The sweat, the heart pounding...gee, it almost sounds like sex!

No comments: