Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I've been reading!

And that's no big surprise! Here's another update on what I've been plowing through:

- The Road by Cormac McCarthy - This is not the most happiest of tales but it sure does make you think. I really enjoyed this book and am really looking forward to seeing the movie this year with Viggo Mortensen. Ahem, he's in the movie, I'm not going to see it with him though wouldn't that be something...

Okay, everybody needs some "smut" in their life and everybody needs to have "light" stories to read too. Nora Roberts is one such author but while her stories are fairly light in nature, a lot of them have a paranormal twist added to them to give it some kick. One such trilogy is The Sign of Seven Trilogy This trilogy includes Blood Brothers, The Hollow and The Pagan Stone, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. So much so that I've gone on to read quite a few of her other trilogies such as the Circle Trilogy as well as the In the Garden and Dream Trilogy. If you need an escape, check out Nora Roberts.

- I also read Storm Front, the first book in The Dresden files by Jim Butcher. It took me a while to get into it but it was enjoyable and I look forward to reading more of them. I haven't yet because there's this Jack guy that keeps getting in my way!

Yup, my reading list the last couple of months consisted mostly of F. Paul Wilson and Nora Roberts. Now there's two different authors if I do say so myself!

No comments: