Friday, December 12, 2008

Too Many Books, Not Enough Time

Well I'd say its about time for a book reading update. I took one of the reading log pages out of my daughter's school agenda and have been keeping track of the books I read, in order. Here's a synopsis since September:

- Phillipa Gregory - I've started to read the Philippa Gregory books and began with The Constant Princess back in September and have since read two more: The Other Boleyn Girl and The Boleyn Inheritance. I've been trying to read them in timeline order so the story makes sense, not in the order that she's written them. I recommend them. I do enjoy historical fiction and these put an interesting spin on the events in Henry VIII's life.

- Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. This was my first Kinsella read and I laughed like crazy. A relatively easy read which sometimes you need and it was very enjoyable!

- Cabinet of Curiosities - Another Pendergast novel by Lincoln and Child. Some characters just get under your skin and Special Agent Pendergast is one of them! I like the Lincoln and Child books but be forewarned, there are a few in the Pendergast series. A good resource to find out the proper order (I *hate*, absolutely *hate* reading books out of order if they are in a series) is Stop You're Killing Me. This website is an excellent resource for mystery authors and novels!

- No Time for Goodbye - Another enjoyable book! The ending will surprise you like it did me. I really liked it. Disturbing, but a good read.

- Confessions of A Shopaholic - The Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella are entertaining and quick reads. The main character, Becky, is likable but has her dumb moments, lets just say. But then again, I guess we all do. I've yet to read Shopaholic & Baby but its on my list.

- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - This first novel by David Wroblewski is an excellent novel and I can't express in words how much I enjoyed this book! It was emotional and so moving. I cried many times, but don't let that put you off. Go, pick it up and read it! Tell me if you don't like it too. Awesome, truly!

- The Thirteenth Tale - by Dianne Setterfield. Another enjoyable read. I've been picking some good ones lately. I really enjoyed this one and ate it up like crazy! Also has some disturbing tendencies but an excellent story.

- Deep Fathom - Although I really James Rollins' Sigma Force novels, his stand alone's such as this never seem to disappoint!

Whew! And that's about that. Time to go read!

No comments: