Saturday, April 26, 2008

Anally Disorganized

Those that know me will not that I am not a neat freak. I'm not a total slob but I definitely lack the "everything in its place" gene. Yet, I've been noticing lately that I'm more anal than you may think. In some small ways, at least.

For instance, when I get dressed, I like to put my right sock on first before my left. The same goes for my shoes. I feel all discombobulated if I do it the other way around. I really do. When I go to the Sears at St Vital Centre and I visit the second floor, I like to leave by the same way every time. I just don't feel right if I exit a different way. And don't even get me started about my calendar and planning! If I had my way, I'd have the kids activities planned out for September already. I mean, who doesn't do that?

What's my point with this? Ah, I don't know. I just find it interesting in myself that I can have two almost alter ego's. I can have papers in total disarray on my desk at work (though I've gotten better with that lately) or in my scrapbooking room but God forbid I put my sock on the wrong foot first. Could I be changing in my old age? Maybe I'm evolving into a newer, more organized me. If so, here's hoping I don't develop a strong love for the dust buster or vacuum cleaner.

No comments: